President & Chief Executive Officer
- Sean Morrison is the President and Chief Executive Officer of Diversified Royalty Corp (“DIV”) and Managing Director at Maxam Capital Corp.
- Mr. Morrison was a partner at Capital West Partners, a Vancouver-based investment banking firm. For over 12 years at Capital West, Mr. Morrison advised companies across Canada with respect to capital raising, IPOs, debt restructurings, asset sales, acquisitions, valuations and fairness opinions. Mr. Morrison advised over 70 companies, including: lululemon athletica, Keg Restaurants Ltd., Colliers International, Canadian Home Income Plan (Home Equity Bank), Sierra Systems Group Inc. and Aritzia LP.
- Mr. Morrison is a co-founder and Managing Partner of the Maxam Opportunities Funds – private equity funds investing in debt and equity of private and public companies. In July 2008 Maxam raised a $100 million of committed capital and in April 2014 raised a second fund with $57 million of committed capital.
- In 2008, Premier Gordon Campbell selected Sean Morrison as a member of a nine-person Economic Advisory Council that provided expert advice and recommendations to the BC government on maintaining and enhancing the province’s economic strengths during the worldwide economic crisis.
- In 2007, Mr. Morrison was selected by Business In Vancouver as one of Vancouver’s Top 40 Under 40.
- Mr. Morrison is a graduate of the University of British Columbia with a degree in Commerce and holds a Chartered Accountant designation.
- Mr. Morrison currently serves on the Board of GoEasy Ltd.
Chief Financial Officer, VP Acquisitions
- Mr. Gutmanis is responsible for royalty transaction execution and due diligence, as well as overall financial reporting.
- Mr. Gutmanis joined DIV from Maxam Opportunities Funds (“Maxam”), a private equity firm that focuses on structured investments in both publicly traded and private companies, where he served as Chief Financial Officer and Vice President since early 2009.
- At Maxam, Mr. Gutmanis was responsible for transaction execution, due diligence, structuring and monitoring of portfolio investments (including previous appointments as a director and chair of the audit committee on portfolio investments).
- Prior to joining Maxam, Mr. Gutmanis worked at Capital West Partners, a mid-market investment banking firm, for over 3 years. At Capital West Partners, Mr. Gutmanis was actively involved in advising public and private companies with respect to acquisitions, restructurings, divestitures, mergers, financings, and fairness opinions.
- Previously he worked with KPMG Corporate Finance as a Manager focusing on private company divestitures and valuations.
- In 2017, Mr. Gutmanis was selected by Business in Vancouver as one of Vancouver’s Top 40 Under 40.
- Mr. Gutmanis is a graduate of the University of British Columbia with a degree in Commerce. He also holds a Chartered Accountant designation and a Chartered Business Valuator designation.
- Ms. Meana is responsible for the oversight of the accounting and financial reporting of Diversified Royalty Corp.
- She is a graduate of the University of British Columbia with a degree in Commerce and holds the Chartered Accountant designation.